Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Toddler Life

 
 
 
Nito is busy busy polishing the wooden cheetah in our environment in the picture above.  How long did it last you might ask?  1 min? 5 min? 10 min if we are lucky?  He polished the cheetah and then moved on to the zebra for over 15 min!!  There are some days that he works so well and then there are other days when I find him standing on the tables, scribbling on his sister's work, giving the baby "a kiss" while he is peacefully sleeping, etc. 
 
 
 
 

I find he works much better (of course) when I am actually able to sit down with him.  However, most of the time he gets the short end of the stick.  However, as we progress through the year and the older children are more independent, it has freed up time for me to focus on him now.  Not to mention that the baby is sleeping for longer than 20 minutes in a row!  

The toddler years are so important and truly set the foundation for who and what your child can become.  Most people chalk up these years as the "terrible  twos", but if you really stop and spend time with that little person, they have so much to offer and share with us, much more than we usually expect.  Now don't get me wrong, I have my terrible two days when I am cleaning poop off the carpet because my independent child wanted to get some extra sensorial work for the day!
 
Overall, Nito is doing rather well and slowly adjusting to becoming an older brother.  He does take advantage of my free lap when the baby (let's call him Anto) is napping.  At this point, I let it slide.  He will move into Primary over the summer and then maybe I'll have to give up my cuddles during the school day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment