Sunday, April 26, 2015

Atrium day

 

 

 
Kui is sick today so the boys and I had a nice atrium day today.   Ok, so there are only a few presentations that are usable for the moment, but hey....we had a productive morning.  Bubs worked with the altar while I presented the Good Shepherd to Nito.  He is a little young for it, but has yearned for it alongside Bubs for quite some time so I thought I would give it a try.

 
(Cue the sad music.......)  Well, the sheepfold is no longer a fold, but rather a green pasture with a few stepping stones along the way.  My darling Kui did point out to me that the rocks didn't stay well in the first place.  Don't you love how kids are so blunt?  If you remember my previous post about the Good Shepherd, I did mention that we would see how long it would hold up.  Kui had a good suggestion on how to make a new one with peg dolls and rope.  Maybe she saw the crushed look on my face and was trying to help.  Anyway.....Nito did sit through the presentation nicely, but interrupted to tell me that I wasn't taken the sheep out of the sheep fold correctly.  Pardon (with a French accent).


The sheepfold has not been destroyed yet.
 
 
 
Wait for it......
 
 
 
 
Let the destruction begin!

Bubs worked nicely with the altar and proceeded to give me the Body and Blood of Christ with his paten and chalice.  I think he was more excited to light the candle and use the snuffer to be honest.  However, It was a good review of why we are using the white altar cloth (celebration for Easter season) and a great language lesson for the names of the objects on the altar.



The boys soon moved on to different materials.  Nito did the language cards for and Bubs decided to join in with him. 

 
 

Nito pointing to the alb.  I need to also get my Priest Vestments work up and running.
 
Then Bubs moved to the Preparation of the Cruets work.  (Who doesn't like pouring wine into small cruets over and over and over again?!). Soon he will be moving on to the Preparation of the Chalice material.  He is very excited about that.  Nito will just continue to watch on the sidelines for now, but as the months go by I will show him a few things here and there.  If only I could finish my chasubles for the Liturgical Colors presentation then Nito would have something else to work with and it also involves singing which brings toddlers great joy.

Bubs preparing the cruets.

No comments:

Post a Comment