Sunday, September 4, 2016

Story of the Bible

OMG!!  A SOTW format regarding the Old and New Testaments of the Bible?!  I really didn't know what to do with myself when I came across these at the last homeschool conference I attended.  I was sold immediately, but I had to put on my poker face so that I could get a good deal for both sets!

We have been using these for about 5 weeks now and I am absolutely thrilled with the product.  (Please note that I am in no way affiliated with TAN books who produces Story of the Bible or Story of Civilization.  I am merely a very excited Catholic mom who has found a great resource.)

See my post on the Story of Civilization for the history curriculum we use. 
 
We got the Old and New Testament sets and this is the video lecture series for the New Testament.

Dramatized audio book

Here is a sample map from the chapter on Abraham. 
 
The children enjoyed coloring this page from the Activity book on Joseph's dream.  The children color while they are listening to the audio book.  This helps the children internalize.  (There is a formal Montessori quote from one of her books on this topic, but I couldn't find it.  So.....I gave up.)

Sample crossword puzzle from the chapter on Joseph. 

The kids had a good time make the craft for Noah's ark.  They colored and cutout the shapes here and in the picture below.

 
My previous post on Story of Civilization has a few more details of the sets.  Be sure to check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment